The New Year is a time to work on ourselves and make changes. Each of us has that nagging voice inside that tells us how we can be better, where we can improve, and how we can bring more joy and happiness to our families. This is the time of year to start.
As a busy parent, however, it can be tough to start. You already have so much going on that it’s tough to fathom adding something else to your to-do list. Here are some ways you can give yourself a fresh start.
1. Get rid of the holiday clutter right away – Put the tree, those decoration and all the gifts away as soon as you can. They just add clutter to your home that will distract you from getting things done. While you’re sorting, grab a few more things that can be donated or tossed out as well. Start the year with a fresh, open home.
2. Reflect over last year – If you want to improve, you have to know where and why. Reflect over the previous year. What went wrong? What could be better? In what ways could you make your life (and your family’s lives) better? Once you isolate the improvement areas, making changes is easy.
3. Organize your resolutions – If you’re like most people, you’ve created a few resolutions that, if done correctly, will make you into a better person. But like many people, they aren’t organized. Write them down. Stick to just a few (no more than four) so you can focus. For each resolution, create a clearly defined goal so you know if you met it or failed. For example, “lose weight” isn’t a goal, but “lose fifteen pounds” is a good one.
4. Examine your goals every day – If you put your resolutions in a drawer and never look at them again, you’re sure to forget about them. Place them somewhere you won’t miss them, like the top of your coffee maker or your refrigerator door. Ask yourself each day how you can achieve those goals.
5. Abandon toxic relationships – Sometimes the bad things in life come from other people. Does your cubicle-mate bother you all day? Switch cubes. Is your friend overly negative? Cut ties. Does your aunt bring drama into your life? Tell her how you feel. Life is too short to bear the burden of other people’s negatively.
How do you plan to make 2016 awesome?
Written by Jennifer Cicci of Babee Talk
As a mother, Jennifer understands the importance of offering nothing by the best for baby. Motivated by teeth marks on her children’s cribs, she decided to design a teething rail cover after trying products that didn’t measure up when it came to quality or style. What she found out made her even more concerned about children’s safety and health: The toxic chemicals used in the production of synthetic materials have been linked to birth defects, reproductive disorders, and weakened immune systems.
She asked herself, “What if I could revolutionize the way parents decorated their crib with a safe and stylish teething rail cover that could be placed on the crib from day one?” Babee Talk® launched in 2014 with organic bedding and accessories. Chew-friendly, drool-friendly, and organic inside and out, her products ensure a healthy start in life for babies.
She only offers products that she would provide for her own children. She hopes moms and dads will start to talk about the importance of choosing safe, healthy, eco-friendly products, especially for babies.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Babee Talk or babeetalk.com makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, current-ness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.